October 21, 2016 • 4:18 pm
Bronx River Watershed Summit
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Westchester County Center
For the past year we have been deeply involved in bringing together key Bronx River watershed stakeholder groups in both the Bronx and Westchester Counties, with the hope of building watershed-wide citizen engagement and stewardship.
We would like to cordially invite you to participate in our inaugural Bronx River Watershed Summit to be held on Thursday, December 1st at the Westchester County Center in White Plains.
For more information on how to participate contact our Ecology Director, Michelle Luebke.
Filed under: Community Green, Bronx River, BxRA, environment
October 19, 2016 • 10:28 pm
I have changed my profile picture, like taking a knee. . .
Filed under: Community Green
October 3, 2016 • 9:32 pm
Honey Mustard Chicken with Kale and Grape Tomatoes
This recipe was inspired by the grape tomatoes and the dinosaur kale in the GrowNYC Food Box this week. It’s really simple and scrumptious. You sharp-eyed folks will notice I cheated. The bite-sized pieces are the leftover honey mustard chicken from the night before. Your results will be deliciously the same.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound grape tomatoes
- I/2 bunch kale, cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix the honey with the mustard and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat in a wide, heavy skillet.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Cook until the chicken is browned on both sides, 10-12 minutes.
- Add I cup water to pan.
- Coat chicken with honey mustard.
- Cook until the juice from the chicken runs clear – 10-12 minutes. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Stir to coat the kale and tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer until kale is al dente.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Honey Mustard Chicken with Kale and Grape Tomatoes PDF
Filed under: CGCooks, Community Green, Food, Health, Recipe, recipes, Food, Health
October 3, 2016 • 1:53 pm
Join the Randall’s Island Park Alliance on Saturday, October 29, 2016 for the Run the River 5K – Icahn Stadium/Randall’s Island Park
This event features:
- A certified 5K race course
- Chip-timed race results
- Children’s Fun Run (all participants receive a medal!)
- Post-Race Party
- Cash awards for top 5K finishers
- Each runner will receive a race-day t-shirt and more.
- On event day, registration begins at 9:00 AM and the race begins at 10:00 AM.
To become a sponsor or if you have questions, please contact Amanda Dorn at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (212) 830-7775.
Filed under: Events, Fttness, Parks, Events
October 2, 2016 • 4:09 pm
The CUNY Black Male Initiative is a University-wide student development initiative with more than 30 projects focused on increasing matriculation, retention and graduation rates of underrepresented students, particularly men of color
11th Annual CUNY Black Male Initiative Conference
“The Power of Words: Black & Latino Voices of Change”
Friday, October 7, 2016 | 8:30am – 7pm
Bronx Community College | Gould Memorial Library Auditorium
2155 University Ave, Bronx, NY 10453
Filed under: Community Green