January 12, 2017 • 1:40 pm
1 medium cucumber
3 celery stalks
2 small pears
3 kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
Big handful of parsley
Wash all produce well. Add ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
Reboot with Joe
Filed under: CGCooks, Community Green, Food, Health, Healthy Eating, recipes, Health, Nutrition
January 11, 2017 • 10:46 am
Stuck in a winter rut? Grab a friend and explore all that Uptown Grand Central has to offer during Uptown Restaurant Week Monday, January 23, to Friday, February 10.
You’ll find specials along East 125th Street and Park Avenue for just $8! Offers are good seven days a week, from opening to closing time.
The Uptown Grand Central initiative is a collaboration of merchants and neighbors along the east side of 125th Street who work together to enrich the area through collaboration, research, and creative community projects.
Filed under: CGCooks, Community Greens, Food, Harlem, Events
January 10, 2017 • 11:26 am
January 9, 2017 • 11:02 pm
Low-Cost Composting Equipment
The NYC Compost Project sells at-cost compost bins and equipment suitable for urban composting to NYC residents. Items must be picked up (all fit easily into a vehicle); delivery is not available.
Filed under: Community Green
January 9, 2017 • 8:42 am
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ medium chopped onion
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ lb fresh broccoli (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion in 1 tablespoon melted butter and set aside. In a large pot whisk together the melted butter and flour over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and chicken stock. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. Let the cheese melt and then serve.
Filed under: CGCooks, Community Green, Food, Health, Recipe, Food